Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pear




Today I bought some pear juice for Lyla. A friend of mine who is a pediatric nurse (and blogs here) suggested mixing an ounce of pear or prune juice with milk. I haven't done it yet. I'm waiting until tomorrow to let the fireworks fly.

It's not that she's totally plugged up. She's just been grunting a lot, grunting with a definite agenda. (Are you still reading this? Is it because you yourself are constipated and searching for a solution?)

I wanted prune juice because it's more disgusting than pear juice, but I couldn't find prune juice at Target. See, Lyla is like a taste bud blank slate. Why introduce her to the tasty tastes before the nasty tastes, thereby prejudicing her for life? I'm telling you one thing, she's not getting bananas until she's had every vegetable imaginable.

Plus, bananas are constipating. I'm just saying.

1 comment:

Susi said...

apple/prune juice works, too. I can never find just prune juice.

Oh...and there's always the thermometer : ) The joys of parenthood...