Saturday, April 4, 2009

Zombie


Julie's mom is visiting, so Julie and I have gone on some dates. Tonight we went bowling, and I was rolling rocks.

Okay, check it out: I bowled a 219. I'm a mediocre/average bowler normally, but for some reason I started this game with a spare and followed it with six consecutive strikes. I don't know what was going on. It is unfortunate, though, that when entering our names, the bowling computer thingie asked what theme we wanted our scorecard to have. We entered "Fairytale," thinking we were funny. Then I bowled a historic game, so the photographic evidence makes us look like a bunch of weirdos.


All of this was therapeutic. My cousin Gabe died yesterday, unexpectedly, at age 22. I feel like a complete zombie, so something about rolling a heavy ball to knock things down suited my mood perfectly. I can't wrap my head around any of it, but it certainly reminds me to hug my daughter.

No comments: