Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pool


Lyla and I are taking swimming lessons in late June. I know how to swim already, but Lyla's out of practice since her triumphant exit from the womb.

I was thinking about the color wheel today, specifically the way blue and yellow make green. How do infant swimming lessons not result in green water? I can't just say to Lyla, "Time to go bye bye to the OOL. Notice how there's no P in it? Try to keep it that way."

A friend of mine (who blogs here) will be in our class. She claims that there's a product called Little Swimmers, diapers for little swimmers to wear, hence the name. Still, like when we took Daisy to puppy kindergarten and almost got kicked out, I worry that Lyla will treat this pool as her personal dumping ground.

Oh well. It's actually the same pool where I took swimming lessons as a kid. I hated every second of it, so I might feel some vindication if Lyla decides to leave her mark in there. I'll make sure she's well fed.

1 comment:

Auntie Jen said...

Her cheeks are almost eclipsing her mouth :)