Saturday, June 6, 2009

Warp


Julie's mom came up last night so Julie and I could take a three-hour Spanish cooking class at the Kitchen Window. It was like home-ec with better food and lots of wine.

And it was an awesome date without Lyla. I love staying home with her, but I do find myself going slightly insane sometimes. An infant represents an immense world of possibility, but when you're alone with one day after day, that world can feel rather small. Dates like last night make the world feel normal again.

Then today, Julie's mom hung out with Lyla while Julie shopped with her sister and I hung out with a buddy. We saw Star Trek, and I must say that I haven't had that much fun in space since the 1980s when a certain empire struck back.

So it's like Julie and I got to warp to our old lives for 24 hours. For me, it was therapy.

Oh, and I missed Lyla a lot. Warping back was actually the best part.

No comments: