Thursday, February 12, 2009

Math


Lyla is 12 weeks old today. I realized this after visiting my cell phone's calendar feature and counting back. Then I had to edit some past posts because I had incorrectly reported her age. See, after you get to 10, you run out of fingers, and I always make mistakes when I count on my toes.

Twelve weeks sounds like three months to some people, but this is fuzzy math. Only February is divisible by four weeks without a remainder. Julie keeps saying Lyla is three months old, which is inaccurate as she was born on the 20th, not the 12th. It seems Julie's undergraduate degree in mathematics allows her to fudge numbers, just like my English degree allows me to invent words.

This topic makes my head feel kersplooshy.

Anyway, Lyla is 84 days old today (quoth the calculator). Place the present on our front steps.

No comments: