Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine


After a successful double-date on Friday, which involved sushi followed by Chatterbox (bar with board games--we played Balderdash and I totally kicked no one's ass), Julie and I went on a second date today. Julie's mom leaves tomorrow, although slashing her tires has crossed my mind.

So we saw the movie He's Just Not That Into You, a romantic comedy that is neither romantic nor comedic. I'm definitely not a movie snob; I'll laugh myself stupid at just about anything. This movie, however, was cynical about love on a level that is difficult to describe. Then at the end of the movie, it pretended to be heartwarming, which just showed the filmmakers' cynicism about us in the audience.

You won't find spoilers here, but let's just say that it surprises me not at all that on Valentine's weekend, this movie got trounced at the box office by the Friday the 13th remake.

So anyway, what does all this have to do with Lyla? Well, I guess it's safe to say that Lyla is lucky to have parents who found so little truth in this rat turd movie.

No comments: