Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar


I've always thought football players should wear different colored shirts depending on their position. Then I could hold a color-coded cheat sheet with descriptions of what each player was responsible for. There's the nickelback, who is supposed to...let's see here...(okay I just wikipedia-ed nickelback and I'm still mystified). But you know what I'm saying.

If our next kid is a son, I'm in trouble.

The Super Bowl has always been just another day to me, but the Oscars--the Oscars! Now that's an event. And tonight will be Lyla's first Oscars, at least until we put her to bed. Julie and I have a lot riding this year. If more of my picks are correct than hers, then she has to take me to the Brazilian steakhouse downtown and applaud my gluttony. If she wins, then I have to go shopping with her and "be good," meaning walk into stores with her, wait outside dressing rooms, etc., without complaining.

So it's vital that I win.

We'll see how it goes, and regardless of who wins, the band Nickelback sucks.

***Update***

I won by one category. Mmm...steak.

No comments: