Friday, August 14, 2009

Air


This is what trouble looks like.

Later today, I'm heading down to a buddy's lake cabin for the weekend. I'm a mediocre wakeboarder, so this year my goal is to not come down from a jump and immediately bury the nose of the board, slamming me face first into the water at 20 MPH. Another goal is to survive if that does happen. Again.

Saturday will be the first day in Lyla's life that I won't see her. I did go to Duluth for a night without her last April for a funeral, but I still saw her on Friday before I left and Saturday after I got home. I guess it's pretty good to make it almost nine months. Still...

Julie better take some good pictures. Actually, now that I think of it, Julie's parents are coming over on Saturday. Her dad is a professional photographer and is bringing over all of his equipment, so I'll get to relive the day through the best pictures of Lyla ever taken. That's not so bad.

You'll still see a blog post, by the way. I'm writing it today and scheduling it to be posted tomorrow. I'll ask Julie to add the photo tomorrow so it's consistent with my theme of starting with a day-of picture.

As for wakeboarding, I suspect I'll take it easy, maybe not try to transcend my age and skill level. I won't go for wicked air, just respectable air. I'm a dad now, after all, and Lyla needs me to come home in top form.

No comments: