Sunday, August 30, 2009

Snot


Julie was on gooty last night, and...hold on, I should probably explain what "gooty" is. The first nickname we ever gave Lyla was goo, so when it's your turn on the weekend to wake up with her, you're on goo duty, also known as gooty. We are severely uncool.

Lyla had an awful night, waking up several times with snot pouring out of her nostrils. I stayed semi-unconscious since it wasn't my gooty night. Julie got about three hours of sleep.

It continued today. We think Lyla might have suddenly developed an allergy to the Earth's atmosphere. Or maybe yesterday's trip to the Renaissance Festival took its toll; maybe she's allergic to seeing tights on men. Or it could be a cold. Regardless, her nose is a snot waterfall, or in the spirit of made-up words, a snotterfall.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Have you guys ever tried the nose frida aka the 'snot sucker'? I wouldn't be without one for my boys - even today when my youngest is 2 1/2. Looks very unusual, but check it out on the web - www.nosefrida.com - best purchase I had for cold season! Good luck!

Auntie Jodes said...

awwwww feel better Lyla!!