Sunday, August 2, 2009

Training


I know it's very premature to be thinking about the toilet, but Lyla has been pooping her pants for over eight months now. Imagine if you suddenly decided to spend the next eight months pooping your pants. That's a long time.

I can't wait until she's potty trained. When can you start the process? Maybe she'll be a pee prodigy. I was. Not to brag.

I heard that when you potty train a boy, all you need to do is toss Cheerios into the toilet and challenge him to sink them. Or squirt in some blue food coloring and tell him to turn it green. Now those are fun ideas; I'm tempted to try them myself.

But what do you do with a girl? Give her instructions and bribe her with trips to the mall? That's decidedly less fun. I'm having a premonition that potty training will be an excellent opportunity for mother-daughter bonding.

No comments: