Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Keg

Last night when Lyla should have been fast asleep, she chugged two six-ounce bottles within two hours. Do they sell baby formula in kegs?

I don't think her teachers realize what a thirsty baby she is. On the sheet where they document the three topics parents care most about (eating, pooping, and sleeping), I saw that yesterday Lyla didn't have nearly as much milk as she gets at home. So that's going to have to change, especially with her cold making her fussier about solid foods.

I'm at school right now--not Lyla's, but the one I teach at. In 35 minutes, the parents of my homeroom kids will file in for the start of open house. I left this morning before Lyla woke up, and I won't get home until after she's in bed.

I guess part of me hopes that she'll be a thirsty monster again tonight. Then at least I'll see her awake. If not, then hopefully Julie takes a picture.

*Update*

It's 10:09, and I'm home. Lyla is fast asleep. Oh well. At least there's this:


*Update*

I got to spend some time with Lyla at 1:00 AM. It was bittersweet--well, let's just go with sweet.

No comments: