Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hang


Lyla woke up at 5:45 this morning for no obvious reason. Well, the obvious reason might be that I wrote yesterday about how the days are starting to look the same, and Lyla read it and said, "No no, girlfriend," and snapped her fingers above her head and decided to throw us a morning curve ball.

We played with stuff while Julie showered. Then I put her in the highchair and fed her puffs while I made coffee and sandwiches.

Fast-forward to after school. Lyla was in the backseat fussing, and Julie called. I answered because I am one of those people who talks on the cellphone while driving. I'm a better driver than you are, so it's okay. But anyway, sometime during our conversation, Lyla stopped making noise. In the driveway at home, I discovered she was sweaty and fast asleep. I sat in the back with her as she slept, chatting with Julie as she drove home. When Julie pulled into the driveway, we peeled the young lady from her slumber.

So Lyla's sleep schedule is a bit off. Hopefully she'll wake up early again tomorrow so we can hang out before school.

No comments: