Monday, September 14, 2009

Faker


Lyla doesn't seem to be able to feed herself a bottle yet, but I wonder if she's fooling us. I mean, if someone gently held your bottle to your lips whenever you were thirsty and patted your back when you were done, you'd ride that out as long as possible, right?

See, look at her:


Do you notice a glint of triumph in her eyes? No? You think I'm reading too much into this? I'm telling you, Lyla realizes that if she demonstrates bottle drinking proficiency, the party's over. Here's what happens when we let go of it:


She's just gnawing on the thing, and it's not nearly tipped enough for her to get milk out. Plus, there's that expression on her face. Lyla's trying to make us think that the instant Mama's hand left the bottle, it ceased to be a container of food. "What is this toy, Mama? I think I'll chew on the nipple. La la la. What? You want me to drink? Drink what?"

Oh, and then:


Seriously, Lyla? We're so onto you.

No comments: