Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Police


Yesterday Lyla's teacher greeted me with, "We took off Lyla's pants."

"I see," I replied as Lyla grunt-crawled pantslessly toward me.

They were pink corduroys that Julie thinks are fabulous. I sort of like/hate them because they're cute but tough to yank on and off during diaper changes. Lyla's teachers clearly value utility over fashion, so in the future we will need to err on the side of pants a granny would wear. Bonus points if they can be pulled up to her armpits comfortably.

Julie was indignant when I relayed to her the pants debacle. "Oh my gosh, they're not that bad," she said.

"You're totally right," I lied.

"So we got in trouble with the pants police?"

"I'd call it a verbal warning."

In the end, we retired the pink cords and the shoehorn used to stuff Lyla into them.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I got scolded for putting Katie in a belt at age one by our daycare provider!