Thursday, October 22, 2009

Both

I'm at parent-teacher conferences tonight, wondering if there's a diplomatic way to not shake any hands. I don't need germs from mouth-breathing parents to infect our currently healthy household.

Lyla did not wake up before I left this morning, so unless she stays up late for the first time in months, I won't see her. Maybe I'll get ready for bed loudly, clanking my toothbrush against the mirror, pounding my feet, slamming down the toilet seat, in hopes that she wakes up briefly and needs some encouragement to return to sleep.

In the meantime, I'll post this without a picture since I have not seen her all day. I also haven't had any parents sit down at my table. When they do, I wonder if they'll interpret my reluctance to shake their hands as germaphobia, or resentment for being here instead of home.

It'll be both.

*Update*

I've shaken a lot of hands and used a lot of hand sanitizer. It's been a busy night, and time has flown. Julie just emailed me this picture:


I hope at some point Lyla asked about her dada.

No comments: