Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mental


Lyla's watching an Elmo song on YouTube. It's about counting ducks.

Julie felt awful all day today, so I had to be Super Dad. It's exhausting to take care of everyone and everything; I pretty much suck at it.

The house is squalid. There's no way to stay ahead of it all. I made Julie soup and brought her little sandwiches. I bought her bottled water because there was a chance she might actually drink it. She promises she'll stay home tomorrow morning but might go in for the afternoon if she's feeling better. I might hide her keys.

Lyla was demanding today. I think she's simultaneously teething and experimenting with ways to assert her will.

Bottom line, no matter what the so-called experts say about keeping babies away from screens, sometimes you need an assist from Elmo so you don't go insane.

No comments: