Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Irish


My great-grandfather emigrated from Ireland. Family rumor has it that he was a fugitive, which is sort of awesome. So I am a proud 1/8 Irish. I don't remember if Julie is Irish. (Am I supposed to know these things? I know she wears a size 8 shoe.)

Oops, I just found out that Julie is 1/4 Irish. I should've realized it since her fake Irish accent is twice as ridiculous as mine.

Regardless, if you do the genealogical math, Lyla is 3/16 Irish. That counts for something, right? Plus, my middle name is Patrick, so that makes her practically Bono.

But she's not wearing green today, so if you'll excuse me, I need to go pinch her.

And here's a relatively recent leg chunk picture, as promised.


Oh yes, and on an unrelated note, I baked bread today from the recipe on the flour bag. It tastes magically delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that I know you're 1/8 Irish and your middle name is Patrick, I'll be sure to serenade you with my own terrible rendition of Danny Boy next time I see you. Or I may poke you in the belly now that you're a regular Pillsbury Dough Boy.

That Lyla, though, my goodness she is a doll.