Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sleepy


Today was a supremely sleepy day, with Lyla napping for half an hour in the morning, two hours(!) in the afternoon, and another half an hour before Julie got home. I know better than to hope for a similar tomorrow, but I do find myself looking for trends to explain today's success. The most obvious thing I can think of is the enormous six-ounce bottle I fed Lyla right when she woke up. I have found that accidentally underfeeding Lyla in the morning sets us both up for a fussy day.

Also, feeling selfish during her afternoon nap (I'm reading Malcolm Gladwell's book Outliers, which I'll discuss in a future post), I shoved the binky back in her mouth when she fussed at the hour mark. I didn't expect it to work, but she slept for another hour. I must say, though, that it would be nice to know beforehand how long the nap will be. It's tough to fully relax when you know the relaxation could end at any moment, like meditating in a minefield.

Oh, and I wanted to capture Lyla's size relative to Tulip, our smaller dog. Getting an infant and a dog to sit still at the same time is easier said than done.



No comments: