Thursday, March 19, 2009

Seasoned


Tonight was bath night in preparation for Lyla's checkup tomorrow. It also happens to be her four month birthday tomorrow, so it's kind of sad she'll be celebrating by getting shots. I hope she'll be okay, and by "she" I mean Julie.

Hold on, I should point out that as I type this, Julie is feeding Lyla, and by the sound of it, Lyla just nullified her bath.

So anyway, there was a baby shower after school today for this guy in my department, so Lyla and I went. Our gift to them was some of our favorite non-obvious necessities: flannel blankets, cloth diapers (for use atop the changing table cover), the good kind of bibs, and a CD that Lyla falls asleep to every night. We've become experts at certain things, all in the past four months. They, on the other hand, probably have no idea what they're in for, excited and scared shitless at the same time. And that was us four months ago--which now feels like years.

But then five years from now, our kids could be in kindergarten together. That's wacky.

No comments: