Saturday, July 11, 2009

Feat


Julie and I had dinner and saw Cirque du Soleil while Julie's mom babysat. It was insanely cool. A guy on a tightrope leaped over another guy on a tightrope, missed, barely caught himself, and attempted the trick again and succeeded. A girl got catapulted 30 feet into the air, twisted and turned, and landed--and oh yes, she was wearing a single stilt. Two guys tumbled around the aptly named Wheel of Death. And so on.

We got home past 11:00, and I realized that we had no pictures of Lyla from today. I figured with all the feats of strength, balance, and bravery we witnessed, I could at least sneak into the nursery and snap one of those precious "baby sleeping" photos. Of course, you see her face in that photo, the face that says, "Seriously, Dad? Seriously?"

She always falls asleep quickly, so at least I had a safety net.

No comments: