Sunday, July 26, 2009

Peachy


We're having fun.

So check it out:


Okay, take a moment to guffaw at my amazing farmer tan. Get it out of your system. A tan like that takes devotion, folks.

Julie picked up the floaty star thing at Target. I nearly hyperventilated while blowing it up. We brought Lyla out in the waves, and she thought it was okay. Compared to her size, the waves were massive, worthy of giggles and gleeful shrieks. I tried to model appropriate wave reactions by saying "Woo!" every time a big one came, but Lyla just looked at me patiently as if to say, "I'm glad this is fun for you."

There was a bit of an incident later in the day. Julie and I took a walk to the public beach to buy ice cream cones, leaving Lyla with my mom, sister, brother, and aunt.

We came back to this scene:


That's my mom holding a fast-asleep Lyla. I'm not sure if I understand the entire story, but apparently during a diaper change, Lyla passed something the size and hardness of a small peach pit. Our girl was a bit backed up, you see, and when the problem presented itself, it was not without some high drama. And then she fell asleep on Grandma.

So in other words, Julie and I timed our walk perfectly.

And in case you were wondering, Lyla recovered just fine:

No comments: