Thursday, January 29, 2009

Away


This is what I'm missing.

I'm at conferences currently, experiencing a slight lull. For the last two-and-a-half hours I have talked to parents about their kids in my class. Billy has an A, Jane doesn't work up to her potential, blah blah blah. Meanwhile, my own child, 10 weeks old today, is a couple towns away.

Let's get this straight. I'm spending extra time talking about other people's kids rather than spend time with my own, who happens to be much younger and more impressionable. It's a good way to become cranky. I'll get home after 8:30, just in time to tuck Lyla into bed.

This is what I'm missing!


I should stop whining. Things could be worse. I could work nights, or be unemployed. But good grief. Time is molasses tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not to be Debbie Downer, but it gets worse. At some point she'll be able to tell you she wishes you weren't at work right now, and it'll break your heart because you know a day will come when father home or father at work won't illicit much of a response.