Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sore


The other day I was at the dog park, throwing a tennis ball and watching Daisy bound after it as though it was much more exciting than a tennis ball. Meanwhile, Tulip ran around in search of droppings to smell and possibly eat.

It was freezing out. I was in boots and gloves but no hat, so I shivered. Don't ever chuck a tennis ball as hard as you can while bundled up and shivering. Two days later, my neck and shoulders are still sore.

Julie has little sympathy. "Wait, so you hauled a 130-pound kitchen table into the house and then hurt your neck throwing a--how much does a tennis ball weigh?"

"You are evil incarnate."

"Are you able to pick up our daughter? Or is she too heavy for you?"


Julie is doing a kickboxing workout as I type this. She's bouncing around like she's training to fight a Muppet.

Lyla is watching her and cooing. Seems like a pretty good workout, actually. I should get in on this action...after I take some Advil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jules - how did you like kickboxing DVD? Isn't the part where you have to step back - lift your knee like 3 times and then kick pretty excruciating?? :)