Sunday, May 3, 2009

Game


We were fairly certain today that Lyla was a Minnesota Twins good luck charm. At her first baseball game ever, the little bobblehead saw the Twins hold the Royals to zero hits through six innings while cruising to a comfortable 4-0 lead.


Of course, no lead is ever truly comfortable with the Twins. Scott Baker lost his no-hitter in the 7th in truly catastrophic fashion: five straight hits, one a three-run homer. When all was said and done, the Twins lost 7-5. It was a good time to introduce Lyla to the lesson of "it's just a game."


Often when we're out, I'll change Lyla's diaper, but not at the Metrodome, never at the Metrodome. If you've seen (in person or in a nightmare) the long urinal trough in the men's room, then you know it's not a place you want your baby daughter anywhere near.

5 comments:

Susi said...

Oh, you baseball fans. I never will understand you. There's still hope for Lyla, though...

Jen said...

In the first picture it looks like Dan's hairy arm is really Lyla's :)

Jodes said...

oh my gosh Jen...the hairy arm DOES look like Dan's!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeek

Dan said...

I hate you both.

I compared my arm with Lyla's today, and mine is much bigger and much more muscular. I don't know what the hell happened in that picture.

Lori said...

lol I noticed the arm issue as well.