Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sick


Moms who are breastfeeding can't take anything good for their symptoms, which for Julie include but are not limited to congestion, sore throat, upset stomach, and general exhaustion.

She seems to be through the worst of it, but she did cough all night long in spite of the humidifier I bought yesterday. So she got maybe four hours of sleep. I got half that because I so enjoy stealing her thunder. Or rather, it's because she sounded like thunder until I finally left to sleep downstairs, at which point my normally dormant brain decided to erupt with thoughts about everything and nothing.

When you have an infant, there's no such thing as the common cold, where you sniffle and cuddle with a blanket. If you're a working mom, you're already up to your eyes in one of the most difficult times of your life. Add sickness to it, and something's got to give.

My vote is give formula to the baby, chug NyQuil, and pump and dump.

1 comment:

Susi said...

Feel better, Julie!