Monday, May 18, 2009

Gown


This evening I boiled some high-flow nipples.

Actually, there's not much more to that story. They'll allow Lyla to drink bottles faster. You boil them to sterilize them. But I was disappointed that nobody called me at that moment to say, "So Dan, what are you up to?"

In other news, I mentioned months ago that my great-grandfather was baptized in a gown that is now in our possession. The plan was to baptize Lyla in it in December. Well, it didn't happen. My grandfather, a retired Episcopal minister who tramps across the country and lives in his camper, didn't make it to Minnesota as planned. But he's coming in June.

So we'll get Lyla baptized then. I'm thinking if we smear her with butter, we'll be able to just barely stuff her into the 110-year-old gown.

And if Gramps's travel plans change again? Well, maybe we'll drive to him.

No comments: